Cortec® VpCI Vapor-phase Corrosion Inhibitors
Corrosion is an ever present, indiscriminant and costly enemy of metals, especially when packaged or as a vital component of a manufacturing assembly.
Traditional anti-corrosion methods are often ineffective, messy, costly, and hazardous to personnel - and not to mention our environment. Our Cortec Vapor-Phase Corrosion Inhibiting (VpCI) technology represents an environmental and economic breakthrough in corrosion prevention.
Cortec VpCI products are bio-degradable, self-replenishing,and provide multi-metal protection. Better yet – application can improve your bottom line by protecting your investments from the ravages of corrosion!
Whether your needs center on manufacturing, packaging or preservation, we can put VpCI technology to work for you!
THE IONIC ACTION OF VpCI TECHNOLOGY
2. Condition enclosed atmosphere with a protective vapor.
3. Vapor migrates to all recessed areas and cavities.
4. Vapor condenses on all metal surfaces.
5. Ions dissolve, forming a thin monomolecular protective layer (water electrolyte) at the metal surface.
6. Protective layer re-heals and self-replenishes through further condensation of the vapor.
7. Combines with other functional properties, including:
- Paint Removing
- Fire Retardant
- Rust Removing